Window Replacement Ideas, Pictures and Estimates
Replacing old, drafty windows can save as much as 30% per year on air conditioning and heating costs. Those savings alone make replacement windows one of the most attractive investments for homeowners.
To get pricing and see how much you can save with replacement windows, click here.
If you're looking for affordable window installation contractors, CalFinder referrals and window estimates are your best bet. Our contractors are located across the country, and provide free window estimates for any type of window replacement. Not only that, but many offer guarantees on labor and workmanship, and all are screened for licensing and insurance. Shopping window estimates has never been easier.
Top Window Replacement Brands
Our contractors install residential windows from many of the top replacement window manufacturers, including:
- Andersen Windows
- Marvin Windows
- Silver Line Windows
- Champion Windows
- PGT Windows
- Milgard Windows
- Harvey Windows
- Jeld Wen Windows
- Additional Window Replacement Brands
Energy Efficient Windows
Energy efficient windows are among the best investments a homeowner can make. Replacing windows in your home with energy efficient replacement windows will not only cut your monthly bills by as much as 30%, but also increase the overall value of your home.
The most energy efficient windows typically consist of insulated vinyl or fiberglass frames, and double or triple-pane glass. A low emissivity (low-e) coating is applied to the glass, to improve the insulation of the air or Krypton filled spaces between glass window panes.
Need a few remodeling ideas?
You can also check out:
- Browse window photos to see how they might look in your home
- Explore topics in our replacement window library
- Research our pre-screened, certified window contractors
- Read our window replacement blog for ideas and inspiration
Your Remodeling Library
Whether it’s replacing a window, refacing a fireplace, or installing paving stones, you need to know about pricing, timing, and your options. CalFinder has written articles on the various home topics.
- Energy Efficient Window Installation
- Alside New Construction Windows
- Vinyl Windows
- Casement Replacement Windows
- Awning Windows
- Picture Windows
- Simonton Windows
- Customized and Functional Obscure Glass Window Options
- Hood Mold Windows
- Circle Bay Windows, a Space-Saving Favorite
- Try Unique Bay Windows with a Box Shape
- Porthole Windows for Nautical Design Lovers
- Round-Top Windows: Speciality Windows at Their Best
- For More Daylight in the Home Try Transom Windows
- The Single-Hung Sash Window
About CalFinder Window Replacement Contractors.
These days it’s hard to know what your getting when it comes to finding a contractor. If you don’t have a personal referral, then you should use a CalFinder certified window installation contractor. Our contractors go through a complete review for certification including the following checks:
- CalFinder follows up with each homeowner that has had windows installed by our contractors to ensure the quality of service
- In-depth check of current license and insurance coverage including checks with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Ongoing monitoring and customer satisfaction surveys
View Contractors Available for Window Repair and Installation
View pre-screened, certified window contractors, including pictures of previous work, and past home owner testimonials. Research a window contractor.