Your Privacy Rights - Last Updated: October 14, 2009
. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our site.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and in addition, for Service Professionals, your credit card number and other personally identifiable information. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties.
We may use information that we collect about you to:
For Service Professionals, we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify Service Professionals to participate in our contractor network, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties, on Service Professionals
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Please review “Your choices about collection and use of your information” below.
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website or performing background checks of Service Professionals. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Service Professionals. We match your information and service request against our list of Service Professionals. When you submit a service request through our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the Service Professionals we match with your request. Sharing this information with Service Professionals allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided. In addition, we have other approved contractual partners that fulfill service requests, or that utilize their own Service Professionals to supplement our network, and we share your information with them, subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions, in order to attempt to provide the services requested. If using our services pursuant to a membership with one of our partners, CalFinder may share your service request activity information with such partner. We may also release information to collection and/or credit agencies for past due Service Professional accounts.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. For Service Professionals, we may share your business contact information with third parties, including but not limited to, business name, address, telephone number, email address and name of owner or proprietor of the business.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register for a free remodeling estimate; to use our services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- At any time a consumer user can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by emailing us at . You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- If you prefer not to have us share your postal mailing information with these selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at .
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
For our Canadian users:
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny access:
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal information, we will explain why.
- When denial of access is required by law
- When granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy;
- To protect our Company’s rights and property; or
- Where the request if frivolous or vexatious.
© Calfinder.com. All rights reserved.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
How much will Window Replacement cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter