15-Minute Home Improvement Projects You Can Do in Your Spare Time
Quick and easy fixes can bring beautiful change to your home. Photo Credit: back_garage
Forget about spending an entire weekend on home improvement projects. If you have 15 minutes to a ½ hour, that’s enough time to start and finish many of these easy upgrades. Change up your home décor or go green with some simple energy-saving tricks. Start by making a list of what needs to be done and try to do one project per day. Then when the weekend comes, you can kick back and take it easy.
15-Minute Home Improvement Projects:
- Switch out your old incandescent light bulbs and lower your energy bill with CFLs. This will only take a few minutes.
- Update your furniture with custom made handles and knobs. Restoration Hardware, Anthropology, and Rejuvenation all carry great accessory items for classic and modern home furnishings.
- Install a new showerhead. This takes very little time and chances are you’ll end up conserving water and money in the process. Kohler’s Multifunction Showerhead has received rave reviews for its wide coverage and massaging spray, while Germany’s Giessdorf 8 Jet Brass Showerhead also gets its share of accolades. The showerhead delivers a powerful stream of water and is available in multiple styles.
- New shades for the lamps are easy to install and they definitely make a difference in the room. Get started on this project at target.com or potterybarn.com, both are great online stores for home décor.
- For outdoor improvements, painting projects are quick and easy. Or, quickly turn your old outdoor furniture into something new. Spray on metallic, stone, or wood-textured finishes by RustOleaum. These spray paints come in hundreds of distinctive coatings and are easy to apply.
How much will Window Replacement cost you?
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter