Classic, Country, and Contemporary Kitchens
A widespread two-handled faucet is a classic option for your bathroom remodel.
Laminate wood cabinets, butcher-block countertops, split-pea green appliances: it was all modern at some point. The kitchen is perhaps the most important selling feature of the home, and one of the areas that goes out of style about as fast as women’s shoes. However, if you are planning a kitchen remodel, you’re not restricted to one particular theme. There are several to choose from, and the following examples should get your creative juices flowing.
Modern kitchens are designed for functionality, abundant work space, and an overall minimalist design.
- Cabinetry - Clean lines are popular in cabinetry as are a combination of white, black, colored, and dark woods. Lighter oaks are more dated, whereas light birch or maple are still acceptable.
- Countertops - There are multiple countertop options available, including stainless steel, granite, tile, soapstone, concrete, and Formica.
- Flooring - Flooring options include tile, concrete, wood, or linoleum floors. Stainless steel appliances are in, as well as cabinet-covered “hidden” ones.
- Appliances - A lot of focus is placed on the range hood. Create a modern focus point with one of the many decorative models available. For the ultimate home-chef, there is even a full line of commercial appliances for the private kitchen.
- Accessories - Have fun with your color palettes, window choices, and lighting. Add your favorite art and decorations to complete your modern, contemporary kitchen.
Thereare some exquisite options available for a classic, traditional kitchen. Antique white cabinets with ornate etchings combined with stainless appliances create a classic, yet modern feel. Compliment the cabinets with tile countertops, classic styled faucets, hardware, and crown moldings. There is even a full line of classic antique appliances that look era specific, but still have all of the modern features.
When you imagine a country kitchen, you picture a large space, light and airy, happy children running through, and a pie cooling on the window sill. To achieve the country theme, try natural woods or colored cabinetry. An island is a staple in a country kitchen for optimum work space. A farm sink, double oven, large refrigerator, and a pan rack suspended from the ceiling complete the feel of a practical, organized country kitchen. Incorporate little features such as display racks, garden baskets, and tile highlights. Living in the country provides ample inspiration for color themes; bring your favorite colors to life in your paints.
With such a great selection of unique cabinets, high-tech appliances, countertops, and flooring choices, remodeling your kitchen can be a fun, rewarding project. Contact a contractor today to help you to create your dream kitchen.
How much will Kitchen Remodeling cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter