All About Marvin Tilt Turn Windows
Seems like a crazy name on the surface, but when you read about the Tilt Turn windows from Marvin, you’ll understand where the name came from.
The Tilt Turn window has two functions; it swings in just like a door or you can tilt the top of the sash toward you for ventilation. A very practical window that’s been a standard in Europe for years.
You can operate it in both directions with one convenient versatile handle and the same beautiful window that lets the sun pour into your room also serves as a door in emergency situations.
Various designs choices include:
Standard Tilt Turn with Keyed Locks
- This allows stationary unit security by a system of keyed locks with in-swing windows.
Simulated Double Hung
- For a traditional look, these Tilt Turn windows mimic existing double hung windows, making them an ideal choice for replacing your old double hungs without jeopardizing the architectural style of your home.
- The Tilt-in Hopper is a smaller window that can be used as an extra ventilation source. It complements the Tilt Turn and creates more design options, such as installing Hoppers above your Tilt Turn windows for a wall full of light.
- All windows meet a Design Pressure Rating of 40.
- Because the Tilt Turn window opens in like a door, it’s easy to clean. Imagine no more traipsing through your landscape bushes with a ladder – just open your window and clean.
- Tilt Turns offer emergency exits with keyed locks.
There’s a reason why the Marvin Window Company has been around for over 70 years – quality, craftsmanship, and comfort. Check out the Tilt and Turn windows and Hopper:
Articles related to All About Marvin Tilt Turn Windows
How much will Window Replacement cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter