When the Pool’s the Main Attraction
Landscaping around the pool can run the gamut of your ideas. You can incorporate a vast array of garden art, stone paths, sitting areas, and gazing ponds. But you could also take the less is more approach by minimizing the landscaping. It all depends on what you want from your surroundings. And oh, by the way, don’t forget, the pool is still the main attraction, so keep that in mind as you plan out the landscaping. To streamline this project, here are some quick guidelines to follow that will make things easier.
- Avoid trees that are large and messy, the pool will be harder to maintain.
- Make sure grass is planted far enough away to avoid clippings and fertilizers from getting in the pool.
- Use the pool’s design and color as the main focus of your landscaping.
- The deck, fencing, and other backyard structures should incorporate the same character as the pool.
Personal considerations also play a big role in designing the landscape. Secondary features set the tone for this area. If you enjoy relaxing with nature, hammocks, soft-colored flowers, wind chimes, and bird baths are great ways to enhance this theme. If the pool is for entertaining and fun, make sure to have plenty of patio furniture available, perhaps an awning for shade and décor or patio umbrella. Those types of accessories should be considered as you develop a landscaping design.
Pool decks and patios play prominent roles in the landscaping. It’s crucial that the materials used for the deck or patio complement the swimming pool. Cement pools blend well with cobble stone, marble, and brick. Wood is the most common material used for pool decks; they showoff nicely with trellises, privacy screens, and planter boxes. Of course that’s just a fraction of what you do around the pool. The ideas are limitless in this backyard oasis.
Articles related to When the Pool’s the Main Attraction
- Front Yard Landscaping for Balance, Texture, and Color
- Front Yard Patio Ideas
- Long-Living Koi Symbolize Peace in Your Backyard
- Garden Ponds for Beginners
- 3 Easy Fish Pond Ideas
- Concrete Patio, More Affordable than Brick or Stone
How much will Window Replacement cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter