Discover the Beauty, Ease, and Affordability of Porcelain Tile Flooring
Are you looking for an attractive, affordable solution for your kitchen countertopping, your bathroom shower, or the flooring for your kitchen, bathroom, or entrance? Many homeowners have found the beauty of porcelain tiles to be desirable.
Preference for Porcelain
Porcelain tile comes in many colors, shapes, and sizes. It is naturally strong, durable, and resistant to moisture. This makes them preferable for exterior use over ceramics as well. Porcelain tile is made from dust-pressed porcelain. It creates an extremely durable and weather-resistant tile that when glazed makes for an attractive and reliable surface.
Porcelain tile is quite affordable. It ranges in price from $.99/sq. ft. all the way to $10/sq. ft., uninstalled. It can be ordered online, or found at essentially any home improvement store or tile outlet nationwide. As you can see from these images, porcelain tile creates a lovely statement wherever it is used.
Installing porcelain tile is quite like installing other tiles.
- First install a hardibacker cement board over a level surface.
- Screw it into place every 6-8 inches to ensure a stable sub-floor.
- Over this, spread a cement-based mortar.
- Use this mortar to level the floor as much as possible. Porcelain tiles are very durable, but if installed on an unlevel surface can be prone to break.
- After the pattern is established and the tile has set, (normally 72 hours) grout the cracks with a sanded grout.
- After the grout has cured for three days, seal with a clear grout sealer. It is not necessary to seal the tile as it is already glazed with a durable protective surface.
Maintenance with a Mop
One of the best features of porcelain tiles is their ease of maintenance. Simply mop, sweep, or vacuum as you would any other surface. If any tiles happen to break, simply remove the broken tile and reinstall just as you did initially. Request free estimates from prescreened tiling contractors in your area to bring the clean and classy look of tile to your home.
Get free estimates from:
Tile Tech in Petaluma, CA
San Jose Floor Coverings in San Jose, CA
Americas First Construction in Salem, OR
Articles related to Discover the Beauty, Ease, and Affordability of Porcelain Tile Flooring
- Granite Floors – So Hard Only a Diamond Wet Saw Can Cut It
- Native North American Hardwood: Chestnut
- Click Together Floating Floors
- Lock and Fold Floating Floors
- Hardwood Cherry Floors Transcend Time
- From Fine Furniture to Your Floor – Mahogany
How much will Window Replacement cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter