The Deck and Patio Powerwash
Maintaining decks and patios can sometimes be a bit labor intensive. Regardless of the work entailed, the enjoyment gained from outdoor living is well worth the sacrifice. Over the lifetime of a deck or patio, there is a good chance you will have to fill cracks, fix broken boards, and re-stain or seal the surface at some point. One of the easiest things you can do to give your deck or patio a quick facelift is to use a powerwasher on it.
A powerwasher is a machine that combines pressure, water, cleaning solution, and heat to clean a surface. It can work wonders on peeling paint, stained surfaces, mold and mildew, or just an exhausted and drab surface.
If you decide this is what your surface needs, here are a few quick tips to get you started.
- Most rental yards carry powerwashers, so unless you intend to use it often, save yourself some money and rent instead of purchasing one.
- Be careful when applying pressure to your surface. Begin a few feet away with a low pressure. You should have a few options to choose between in the nozzles, each designed for a specific style of spray. As you feel comfortable with the pressure, adjust it as necessary to achieve your desired result.
- Be sure to only use the cleaning solutions recommended for your surface and the machine.
- If you are using a cleaning solution, allow it to sit and soak for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. This allows it to soften the dirt; just be careful not to allow it to dry.
Once your surface is clean, you will be able to have a clearer picture of what repairs are needed. Perhaps that is all that is needed, or you might go on to re-stain or paint the surface. Whatever you choose to do, you know you have a clean slate free from unwanted debris. Request free estimates from deck and patio experts in your area to help you identify what your surface needs.
Articles related to The Deck and Patio Powerwash
- Hammocks Bring Ultimate Relaxation to the Deck or Patio
- Lighting Products for the Deck or Patio
- Heat Lamps, Providing Year-Round Comfort on the Deck
- Create Ambience with an Outdoor Fireplace
- Tips on Buying Outdoor Furniture
- Awnings, a Valuable Asset to the Deck or Patio
How much will Air Conditioning and Heating cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter