Transform Your Floors with Concrete Paint
Are you looking for a way to dress up your garage floor, your back patio, or even an interior concrete surface? Concrete can be painted, and concrete floor paints can normally be tinted almost any color you desire.
- Preparing the surface. Before applying your paint, make sure the concrete surface is cleaned of any dirt, stains, or biological growth. This can be accomplished through various forms of blasting, water cleaning, or chemical cleaning. After it is thoroughly cleaned, apply a quality primer. Primer will not only add extra protection to the concrete, but will also help the paint to adhere better, reducing the danger of bubbling or peeling.
- Choosing your paint. Concrete paints are either water or oil-based. This oil-based interior or exterior paint has a high-glass finish that is very durable and resists scuffing. It can be used both indoors and out, and can also be applied to wood surfaces. It is recommended that you apply a quality oil-based primer before the paint. One drawback to using oil-based paints is their intense odor and difficulty to clean tools and spills. Latex, water-based paint comes in several colors and is durable, easy to clean, and easy to apply. Unlike the previous oil paint, latex offers a more low-sheen surface. This paint is also durable and resistant to weather extremes. Here are three green options for the more eco-conscious consumer.
You can apply floor paint over existing stains or paints. Just be sure the surface is clean and lightly sanded for better adhesion. You can also experiment with different designs on your floor. Try using stencils to add captivating designs and artistic flare. If you are ready to transform that gray concrete surface into an intriguing and eye-catching asset, then request free estimates from prescreened painting contractors in your area today.
Articles related to Transform Your Floors with Concrete Paint
- Epoxy Paint Turns Ugly Concrete into an Attractive Surface
- Concrete Paint Brightens Dull Surfaces
- Primer: The Go-Between for Paint and Concrete
How much will Window Replacement cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter