Acrylic Bath Materials for the Clean Freak in You
As you search around for more information about bathtub materials, acrylic will be the first to make itself known. Here are six reasons that make it one of the most popular bath materials to choose from.
- It’s lightweight.
- It’s warm to the touch.
- It helps the water stay warmer longer.
- It resists scum and mildew.
- It retains its showroom finish indefinitely.
- The color isn’t sprayed on; it goes right through the material so it won’t ever fade!
For these reasons, acrylic is like the “Zeus” of bathroom materials. Check this site out for visual on some pieces made from acrylic: Acrylic Material.
Acrylic vs. Other Materials
Understanding the difference between acrylic and other materials may help you decide on which to choose.
- Porcelain is inexpensive, but requires a “wet wall.” It is cold to the touch and also cools the water down faster.
- Gel-coated fiberglass is extremely porous, allowing mold and mildew to grow. It isn’t the easiest material to clean, either. The color is sprayed on, easily fading and accumulating stains.
- Cast iron is limited in shape and size. Although it is the most durable material, the coating can chip, and it is heavy in weight, therefore requiring a good structural support system.
If you are worried about cleanliness, color, and hardiness of your bathroom materials, acrylic is the way to go. What a wonderful feeling to be truly relieved when you step foot into your tub.
Articles related to Acrylic Bath Materials for the Clean Freak in You
How much will Bathroom Remodeling cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter