Coffered ceilings are among the most elegant and stately of ceiling designs. Plus, they are more customizable than you may realize and help insulate against sound and noise pollution. From simple to ornate, a CalFinder contractor can build the perfect ceiling for you. But first, you need to know what style and design you’re after, so let’s explore some of your options in our Coffered Ceiling Photo Gallery.
As you can see from the pictures, this type of ceiling is amazingly attractive in any part of the home, especially entertainment rooms. Coffered ceilings can also cover up those unsightly pipes running across your basement ceiling. Wherever you choose to use this design, it’s sure to please.
A coffered ceiling is traditionally a grid of squares, but it certainly doesn’t have to be. This ceiling can be designed in virtually any shape that creates a grid pattern, like diamonds, for instance. The grid can be made of any type of ceiling material. Less expensive options are wood-paneled hard foam (or sheet rock), and the high-end option is solid oak beams. So don’t think that this design is outside of feasibility; the price is yours to set. The coffer is the decorative panel sunk between the grid work, and it essentially serves as the focal point of your ceiling. For the coffer material, you can use anything from metal to fabric. The choices are literally endless.
Coffered Ceiling Design Ideas:
- Spruce up the beams with alternating stripes of colors. Cobalt blue with deep stains makes for a sophisticated look.
- Use fabric for the coffers to create a billowy effect and provide better sound reduction.
- In a sports bar-style room, how about team logo panels for the ultimate in man caves?
- What about tin? Have custom designs stamped or choose your own finish.
- Brass trim might be all you need for the right level of elegance.
- Rather than a grid, just bring the border of the ceiling down and use the bulk of the ceiling as a coffer. You keep the ceiling height and still get a charming yet simple appearance.
- Rosettes or other focal points at the junction of the beams spruce up a simple design nicely.
Those are only a sampling of what you can do once your imagination is sparked. Take a look through these pictures and check out the photos of work that CalFinder contractors have done in the past, and we’re sure your ideas will start springing up all over the place. Then give us a call, and we’ll find the perfect contractor to make your home remodel a success.
How much will Window Replacement cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter