From Renee Rutledge on April 18, 2008 in Locations
The Bay Area is a sprawling, West Coast metropolis that attracts visitors from all over the world. At the same time, quiet towns in counties like Marin still reflect a rural lifestyle. Less than 20 percent of Marin is developed. Homeowners fortunate enough to live here appreciate ample hiking trails, green hillsides, surrounding water tidelands, redwood groves, and Mt. Tamalpais, also known as the Sleeping Lady for its famous silhouette of a woman in repose.
In a region such as this, how do you create a landscape around your home that can compete with the natural setting? You cant. Residents of Marin build to complement, rather than compete with, the native environment. Additions like decks and patios afford the enjoyment of panoramic views and the feeling of continuing the outdoor adventure, even when off the hiking trail. Local foliage surrounds and enriches the home.
In addition, Marin residents have the benefit of living just 30 minutes away from San Francisco and other bustling cities. Remodeling projects here tend to reflect an active, fulfilling lifestyle. Homeowners in these sought-for, seaside Bay Area communities keep the value of their homes high, making for some of the most sought for real estate in the nation. Heres a quick inventory of some Marin gems:
- In Southern Marin, Belvedere has less than 1,050 homes, while neighboring Tiburon has just 2,500.
- Fairfax has less than 7,500 residents. This progressive city is famed to be the birthplace of the mountain bike.
- In Forest Knolls, the small population of 1,865 enjoys more than just the few remaining spawning grounds for Coho Salmon in the San Geronimo Creek. They also have a 101 percent higher cost of living that the rest of the country.
- Outdoor remodeling projects in Mill Valley withstand rainy winters and thick coastal fog. Ranked one of the 100 best places to live in the U.S., Mill Valley offers a thriving artistic community and beautiful scenery.
- Unincorporated Ross has less than 2,500 residents.
- Compared to the French Riviera, famous Sausalito has a waterfront sprinkled with open-air cafes, small boutiques, galleries, and classy restaurants.
Live in Marin? Contact CalFinder to get no charge remodeling estimates from contractors such as American Construction, Canivet Construction, and Heritage Home Renovation. If Marin reminds you of your own home town, youve got a contractor waiting with CalFinder were a national service.