From Tania on July 23rd, 2008 in Green Remodeling
You hear more often than not, “Let’s go green!” Why not put that together with “Let’s party?” So, “Let’s have a green party!” Utilize some of these tips, along with your own ideas, and you will have an eco-friendly, fun, unforgettable party.
Theme your party, add some spunk.
Theme the party according to what people will wear, the transportation they arrive in, or by food and décor.
- You can easily theme a green, eco-friendly party with hemp and organic cotton and fresh fruit and veggies for eatin.’
- For décor, you can use recycled fabric, glass, or crafts that you made from other objects, such as candles made from crayons.
- You can also add beauty by decorating with potted plants; this way they are fresh and beautiful to look. They can also be given as party favors.
Create the party mood.
For a fun time, play music rather than listening to the radio. This way you are saving energy, and having a blast with your friends by having an interactive party that everyone can enjoy. A great way to create the party mood can be done with the type of lighting you use.
- If your party is at night, use fluorescent lighting; these bulbs have less carbon footprint.
- Use candles. A great aspect about using candles is they come with different types of scents, and even bug repellent.
- Or, just have your party at midday; the sun creates an energetic mood for your guests.
Using these tips and just being yourself, you can make every party you host memorable and eco-friendly.