From Dean Dowd on January 08, 2008 in Green Remodeling
Innovation goes hand in hand with creativity, and green remodeling alternatives certainly draw from both. Every week, there’s something new to consider, and this week’s no exception. Fortunately, the ability to choose between more options is always a good thing, especially when these options are designed to be good for the environment. From eco pack speakers to cork/rubber flooring alternatives, here are a handful of remodeling ideas from around the web to mull over.
- Glass tiles have beautiful, colorful patterns, and GetwithGreen found six manufacturers with an inventory of recycled glass tile options.
- Groovy Green recently featured Eco Pack speakers on their blog. These speakers are made from 100 percent recycled materials. And they even fold flat.
- We all know that cork and rubber floors are on the roster of environmentally friendly material, but what about a cork/rubber hybrid? XCR, featured on JetsonGreen, is made from a mixture of recycled rubber and cork, such as recycled tires and post-industrial waste.
- Recovering heat from waste water? Talk about efficient. Thats what the GFX can accomplish. According to the Sun Volt Solar blog, 80 to 90 percent of water heat goes down the drain, and this gravity film heat exchanger can help return it to the hot water tank.
- K+BB Green found Eco-friendly Floorings recycled aluminum tiles, an interesting, responsible option to modernize your kitchen backsplash.
As you shop around for ideas, remember not to let your home remodeling dream turn into a nightmare. CalFinder is here to help, pre-screening contractors from every specialty to help ensure your project will be in the right hands. And our estimates are free!