From Dean Dowd on August 22, 2008 in Green Remodeling
There are so many items you just can’t bring yourself to throw away. Instead of leaving them in the corner collecting dust, why not find a new purpose for them? The following blogs and links are examples of others who have done exactly that. You’ll be amazed at how they have converted ordinary trash and backyard junk into captivating and unique pieces.
- Old wood is abundant. Instead of allowing it to rot away, why not use it to create something useful and beautiful? Here’s one company that does just that: The Old Wood Co.
- Appliances are very difficult to dispose of, and many landfills don’t even want them. This washing machine drum is just one example of a way to recycle the parts. Perhaps this will inspire you to come up with other ideas: Recycled Washing Machine Table by Reestore.
- Thought that bike was past its prime? Think again! Bike Furniture Design
- Old milk crates hiding in the garage? Try milk crate furniture!
- Think again before throwing out that brittle, cracked patio furniture. Modern Sustainable Outdoor Furniture Design
- No more excuses, pretty much everything can be recreated into something! 20 Eye Catching Pieces of Recycled Urban Furniture
Okay, so the previous items may seem easy to rejuvenate into fascinating objects, but how about regular old household trash, old newspapers, and old carpet? Don’t underestimate the imagination of these artisans!
- Ample Sample 2008 Winners
- Newspaper Brick Maker
- Fill-It Furniture System
- RE think & RE cycle
- 45 iPOD Cases
Done anything crazy lately? Why not just recycle a whole house! That’s precisely what these resourceful people have done, simply picked up the whole building and moved it to their desired location. This actually is a fairly common practice nationwide. Sometimes it is more financially advantageous, or there is something especially special about the building to where it is worth the effort and investment to move it.
The weekend is almost here; why not take a peak around your house for any undiscovered treasures that you can recreate into something marvelous and eye-catching? Photo Credit: Ample Sample