From Engineering on December 16, 2008 in General
Christmas is just around the corner; how is your holiday shopping coming along? No matter how organized you are, there is always one person who is difficult to shop for, especially when it comes to finding little stocking stuffers. Here are a few ideas for the avid gardener in your family.
- Having gardened a fair amount in my life, I know from experience some of the little tools that really came in handy. Gardening is really hard on your hands; throw in a couple of heavy-duty garden gloves.
- Even with gloves, you still get an accumulation of dirt under your fingernails. Include some hand-salve and small gentle scrub-brushes.
- The one tool I probably used the most was a small hand-trowel. This Ergonomic tool set helps to ease the toll gardening can take on your body.
- How about a gift certificate for an irrigation specialist? I would have loved it if someone could have set my garden up on timers and drip-irrigation.
- For fun, why not include ”Vegetable Gardening for Dummies” ; you never know when youll need a quick how to.
- How about a gift certificate to their favorite nursery?
- Gardeners spend quite a few hours in the sun. Include their favorite brand of sunglasses.
- Every avid gardener knows how creating just the right balance in the soil for each plant is imperative to growing success. Include this handy soil ph tester.
- To encourage your little gardeners, try out this kids indoor garden set for a constructive and fun family project.
Stocking stuffers allow for you to give your loved ones a few extra fun little items. If you think about it, you can actually fit quite a few gifts in that small red stocking hanging over the fireplace. And if you really get carried away, it can spill over under the tree