From Dean Dowd on November 05, 2007 in General Remodel
As you gear up for the winter, you look forward to getting productive indoors with some crafty remodeling projects. Part I of our Winter Remodeling series got your creative juices flowing with 8 ideas for the basement and kitchen. Since then, youve been clamoring for more ideas. We wont keep you in suspense any longer. Here are the remaining 12 simple and unique projects to keep home lovers busy all winter and beyond.
Bathroom Ooh La La
- Tired of the traditional sliding door youve had on your shower since moving in? Installing a new frameless, bi-fold, or pivot door will renew your bathroom in an instant.
- Whitewash your bathroom vanity.
- Get eco-friendly: Install a low-flow toilet and shower head, or a low-flow aerator on new or existing faucet. Or simply fix existing leaks.
- Get artsy: make a ladder back shelf for your towels and bath things.
Family Room Fun
- Make movie night a favorite family tradition: install a high-tech home theater system.
- Restore your old banister to savor the trip downstairs.
- Save energy and your cooling bill: install a ceiling fan.
- Get crafty and design and build your own coffee table.
Cure the Bedroom Blues
- Accessorize. A beautiful accent piece can have the same effect as jewelry on a plain dress. Why not make a folding screen? Theyre beautiful, elegant, and easy to make, too.
- A disorganized closet will start your days off in a regular frazzle. Customizing your closet will surely help, as well as creating savvy storage possibilities under the bed by transforming old drawers into useful storage boxes.
- For a small bedroom space, build a wall mount headboard.
- Install a pocket door between your bedroom and master bath.
If you need some help with these or other home remodeling projects, contact a certified remodeling contractor. Got more crafty ideas? Send us a comment: we and our readers would love to hear from you.