From Dean Dowd on August 19, 2009 in General Remodel
New homes, especially fixer-uppers, can come with a lot of weird energy. As you remodel the home’s surfaces, purge the bad mojo as well. Sometimes all it takes is lighting incense or walking around the house whispering positive words into the rooms. Here are a few anti-weird energy solutions:
5 Fresh Ideas for Homeowners
- Strip the carpet and pad from the sub-floor and vacuum up the years of dirt, dust, and pet hair that have been accumulating. Your house will smell fresh and clean in no time.
- Paint the walls with cool lilac, spicy egg plant or tangy lime - any colors that make you feel at home.
- Hang bright and airy curtains for a peaceful vibe.
- Open up all the windows and air out the entire house.
- Introduce new life into your home - buy indoor plants and surround yourself with nature.
5 Sweet Tips for renters
Impermanent, quick changes that will reap big rewards:
- Light palm-soy natural earthy candles and have some friends over for a glass of wine.
- Use removable wallpaper and borders to spruce up your dining room, kitchen, and bedroom.
- Cover your carpet with a colorful area rug that compliments your lifestyle and the color of your furniture.
- Hang a luxurious tapestry on your living room wall.
- Add color to your windows with rich fabrics and stylish rods.
And don’t forget the artwork! In no time at all, youll be relaxing in your favorite overstuffed chair, reading a good book and enjoying a hot cup of café au lait in your new home.