From Dean Dowd on August 25, 2008 in General Remodel
Celebrities have large wallets to play around and try out the newest trends with. So what trendy, hip new ideas are floating around these days?
- Ed Begley Jr. is at the top of the list with his green, self-sufficient home and eco-friendly way of life.
- If Oprah Winfrey has a home theater with her busy lifestyle, then youll definitely get more enjoyment out of the addition of one in your home.
- Angela Lansbury’s rustic, open farmhouse in Ireland is cheerful and charming. Notice the natural-beam accents.
- A common feature on most of these celebrity homes are elaborate pools.
- Another defining characteristic of a celebritys home is the regal gated entrance.
- If youre like Will Smith & Family, youll have to live elsewhere for two years while your home is renovated to accommodate tennis courts, a basketball court, and a gym. On a smaller scale, why not convert one of your rooms into a small private gym?
- If stainless steel, granite, limestone, and maple are good enough for Halle Berry’s $8 million dollar beach house, they obviously havent gone out of style yet.
- Although you dont have to spend $2 million on your remodel as Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin did, you can still incorporate a solid fence as they did to provide privacy for your family.
- Quite trendy and popular right now, the outdoor kitchen is something even John Travolta incorporated into his remodel.
- The final spot must go to Julia Roberts who is just completing a massive, eco-friendly home built from wood from sustainable managed forests, recycled tiles and complete with solar power.
Although on a larger scale and more elaborate than most of us can even consider, it is still fun to gain inspiration from these fascinating homes. Request free estimates from prescreened contractors in your area for your remodeling needs.
Photo Credit: Treehugger