Enter Your Remodel in OPC’s Before and After Contest

From on July 27, 2010 in CalFinder News

Websites and blogs are filled with ideas and inspiration for DIY projects—but not always with prizes and a greater humanitarian goal in mind. Our friends at One Project Closer are holding their annual summer-long Before and After Contest, and it not only offers weekly prizes and one grand award, but also raises money to support Habitat For Humanity.

one project closer logo

To enter, simply send in before and after pictures and a story about a project you’ve completed in your home. The project should be recent, and over 75% of it must have been completed yourself (that leaves room for outsourcing 25% of the really gritty, technical stuff). Every Sunday, they pick the best submission to run on the site. If yours is chosen, you’ll get a $50 gift card to Lowe’s, Home Depot or Amazon, and $100 will be donated to Habitat For Humanity in your honor!

opc before after contestWhen the summer competition comes to a close around September, the community will vote on a grand prize winner, who will receive $150 for their favorite home improvement store.

If you’re in the middle of a project, or have just completed one, send in your pictures and story. Not only will you end up with a better-looking space, you could be featured on the web, receive money towards more home improvement, and participate in a larger humanitarian cause. Good luck!