From Tim on June 22nd, 2009 in Building Materials
The money you can save when buying online is mind boggling. Big savings are available for members of DirectBuy. This wholesale internet site offers great deals on name brands, but membership is required in order to reap the benefits. They advertise 50% in savings on top name brand items, but you have to pay the fee to join. It’s not unlike Sam’s Club or some other wholesale provider.
Other online shopping sites offer no-hassle returns and free shipping or other online savings. This is great if the item wasn’t what you had in mind. Online shopping can be easy and save money but be careful, it can also be full of loopholes and scams. To help you save money in remodeling costs, check out my list of 20 direct buy sites.
- DirectBuy.com. Everything you need to remodel your home can be found at this site. It’s the one-stop-shop for the home remodeler. (Membership required.)
- Direct kitchen remodeling. This is part of DirectBuy.com and is solely dedicated to improving the kitchen. They have new sinks, flooring, countertops. They place a high value on this room and provide can’t-miss options.
- Directtile.com. Another part of DirectBuy.com. Here tile is the name of the game. You’ll find an awesome array of tile for the modern or traditional bath. They also provide a great selection of sizes and styles. Top name brands at manufacturer’s cost.
- Bathroomtiledirect.com. This website is totally dedicated to different bathroom tile styles and sizes. Flooring, showers, walls and tubs – all made of various types of tiles. Take the free tour and see what kind options are available.
- Kitchenandbathwarehouse.com. They have everything you need to start remodeling that old bathroom or kitchen. Free shipping and online chat consultation.
- BuildDirect.com. They offer wholesale prices on roofing, flooring, decking, kitchens, and baths. BuildDirect ships anywhere in the world and offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Fastfloors.com. They offer free shipping, price matching and 30 years of business. Fastfloors.com specializes in laminates and tile, including low cost cork and bamboo. They sell top name brands, including Pergo, Stepco, and Barlinek.
- SelectionGallary.com. Lighting, plumbing, furniture, and fixtures. Authorized dealer of Price Fister, Powell, and others. They offer free shipping and no-hassle returns.
- Contractorsdirect.com. You can’t do that remodeling project without the right tools. If you’re a pro or a DIY type, this is a great website for buying the right tools to help you finish the job. You can shop by the brand name or under general tools.
- Overstock.com. They have one of widest selections of name brands to choose from. This wholesale giant has furniture, electronics, and much more. They also offer free shipping.
- HomeDecorators.com. Very contemporary furniture, rugs, and household accessories.
- USAppliance.com. Great names brands like GE, Maytag, and Jen-Air. They offer everything from washers and dryers to outdoor kitchens.
- Wholesaleflooringusa.com. They deal directly with the public – no membership required. Great name brands are available and they have a huge variety of styles and materials.
- Fencewholesale.com. They offer free shipping for any purchase over $2,000. They’ve been in business for over 20 years and offer fencing in vinyl, steel, wood, aluminum, and chain link.
- Castlewholesalers.com. They sale paint and paint products below hardware prices.
- Wholesalepoolfurniture.com. Surplus specials on lounge chairs, bar stools, rockers, and gliders. It’s a sunbather’s bonanza for outdoor furniture.
- Sunsetter.com. It’s a name that’s synonymous with retractable awnings. Internet savings, dealer information, free DVD, and idea kit are available.
- Kitchencabinetdepot.com. They offer super fast free shipping and promote their real wood cabinets – no particle board here. You can buy directly from the website or consult with a customer service representative.
- Costco.com. Operates a wholesale distribution warehouse for electronics, flat screen TVs, furniture, and appliances. (Membership is required.)
- eBay.com. It’s the world’s largest online marketplace. Buyers and sellers come together and trade just about anything. You don’t have to register upfront, but it is required in order to make a purchase.