From Engineering on October 13, 2008 in Bathroom Remodel
The first time I experienced the bliss of towels heated by a towel warmer, I was staying with Japanese artists whose home had incredible views of Mount Fuji. It was cold and snowy, and the floors and toilet seat were heated, too. That was a bathroom to remember!
The second time, I was staying in a chic boutique hotel near Central Park in New York. The heated towels were part of a very fancy and luxurious experience. Perfectly harmonious with thick hotel spa robes and room service, of course.
And then, there was the new beyond-a-McMansion in Beverly Hills, in a bathroom painted bordello pink. The towel-warming racks were just one of many decadent elements in that enormous, fun-filled bathroom. Some people really know how to have a good time.
With winter coming closer, you may be considering adding some warm creature comforts, such as towel warmers. Here are some examples we like:
- Inspired by undulating forms in the natural environment, such as sand dunes and grassy meadows, the Ghibli radiator reinterprets these curves into a striking modern form ideal for urbanites. It would look fantastic gracing the wall of a loft or apartment in the city, where it can be located according to your unique needs.
- These Catalina, Riviera, and Portofino towel warmers are 22 and 24 wide, the perfect size to hang over a toilet, for easy-reach from many showers. Theyll accommodate and warm a bath towel, face towel, and more.
- Plug-in towel warmers are a simple way to go, and give you the comfort of warm towels with that just-out-of-the-dryer feeling. Designed to sit on the floor, this style, exemplified by the Wesaunard Towel Warmer, is made of brass and will look great in most bathrooms.
- If youre doing a major bathroom remodel, why not consider installing towel warming racks that are designed to plumb into existing hot water systems? This Classic Hydronic Towel Warmer is made high-quality brass and complements brass fittings beautifully.
- Quality Bath offers an interesting variety of tower warmers. Racks, shelves, and a floor unit shaped like an arch a great shape for warming a whole bath towel from side to side and end to end.
Some additional uses for portable, plug-in towel warmers are cozy things like warming baby blankets, or heating your sweats while youre in your robe en route to the kitchen to make coffee, so youll have a warm start to your morning workout. Once youve brought towel warmers into your home, youll have no problem dreaming up uses for them.
Picture source: Trendir