From Engineering on August 26, 2010 in Bathroom Remodel
Need another towel rack in your bathroom or a little extra shelving? Weve got you covered. This darling ladder-back shelf from Better Homes & Gardens gives you more bathroom space while adding a touch of creativity to your walls. And its SO cute! Check it out: Constructed mostly from a ladder back chair, this project requires little more than what youve already got in your kitchenor a trip to the flea market if youd rather not wreck your dining chairs.
What Youll Need:
- Ladder back chair
- Paint (unless youd rather leave as is)
- Screw driver
- Faucet handles
- Bumper pads
A Few Simple Steps:
- Once youve got your chair, cut off the legs and the majority of the seat (refer to the picture).
- Paint the color of your choice.
- Screw a piece of trim to the underside of the seat. This makes it easier to fix the entire shelf to the wall.
- Attach two faucet handles to the top corners of the shelf. These will be used for hanging towels, looking cute, etc.
- Place the bumper pads on the back of the chair to avoid wall scratches.
- Sink the screws through the trim piece into the studs of your wall.
What are you waiting for? This project is so easy you could have a brand-spanking-new towel rack in no time.
Idea via: Fun Times Guide to Living Green