I have lived from coast to coast; I've also spent time in Eugene and Lincoln City. I moved to Oregon about five years ago from Michigan. It was there, in Michigan, that I was tearing out some basement walls for a friend when I met her remodeling contractor...I've been in the trade ever since. I have always enjoyed working, playing, reading, writing, and the outdoors. I graduated from Michigan State University in 2002 with a degree in English and a focus on technical and creative writing. My interest in writing, carpentry, and remodeling led me to CalFinder.
Dan's most recent posts
- How Do I Repair Worn-Out Brick Siding?
- Reader Question: 2-10 Warranty and Sinking Second Floor
- Norstone USA: Quality Natural Stone for All Applications
- World’s Weirdest Windows: Why Aren’t Window Replacement Companies Making These?
- What Makes for a Certified Window Installer?
- How Much Do You Actually Save With Energy Efficient Windows?
- What are the Most Energy Efficient Windows?
- 5 Crazy High-Tech Window Designs
- Creating your backyard summer haven
- Oops! How GPS Led Contractors to Demolish the Wrong House
- Your Digital TV Switch
- Electronic Sensors Make Energy Sense
- In the Spotlight: Sunroom Contractors
- 25 Green Home Gift Ideas for Dad
- Patio Pals: The DIY Summer Daydream
- The Ultimate Futuristic Kitchen
- Smart Links for the Smart Shopper
- Solar Products for the Home
- Best Background Music for Remodeling
- Q&A: Caulking Cypress Paneling